- Angry Valentines on Behalf of Chained Dogs
- How Can We Continue to Trust Commercial Dog Food?
- Books: Dogface & The Genius of Dogs
- Book Reviews: GG’s Journey; Dogs & Their People
- Just What the Hell is a Puppy Mill, Anyway?
- Working Around the High Cost of Vet Care
- Books: The Lost Dogs & Dog Inc.
- The “Bake A Bone” Biscuit Maker
- Books: A Dog Named Jimmy; Cesar’s Way
- Why the Tragedy at Franklin County Dog Shelter Has Set My Hair on Fire.
- If you would like to use "How to Change the World in 30 Seconds" as a fundraiser for your rescue or shelter, please send me a note. Yelodoggie@yahoo.com
- Me. To a "t". fb.me/6veA1bXET 1 day ago
- RT @DrDogs247: WOOF UknowURa #DogLover whenU talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid. 2 days ago
- @realdonaldtrump @cnn @nytimes WRONG. Free press is the cornerstone of Democracy. #FREEPRESS 2 days ago
- RT @ASPCA: The @USDA has restored some of the animal welfare data it removed on Feb. 3—but it's not enough. Full story: https://t.co/so9QYG… 2 days ago
- @POTUS #FREEPRESS 3 days ago
Category Archives: The Woof on Animal Welfare Legislation
Everything you need to know about puppy mills is offered in the standard English dictionary under “Mill”. Mill <noun> 1.a factory for certain kinds of manufacture, as paper, steel, or textiles. OR PUPPIES 2.a machine or building for grinding, crushing, or pulverizing … Continue reading
My hair is on fire. There’s no other way to describe how I feel after hearing about the mass kill at Ohio’s Franklin County Dog Shelter this past weekend. Before I launch into a discussion about why it should not … Continue reading
I’ve been writing for the AnimalsVote.org website for almost a year now. Recently, I was asked to be part of a team to help the organization launch No Kill Mondays. (#NoKillMondays). Essentially, it’s an initiative wherein AnimalsVote.org contacted 2,500 animal … Continue reading
I grew up in an apartment building. It wasn’t an environment exactly conducive for being exposed to animals, but my Dad wasn’t your typical apartment dweller. He was a country boy, and he was a total nut for animals. Because … Continue reading
In the terrifying final scene of the 1978 film Invasion of the Body Snatchers, one of the characters meets up with Donald Sutherland’s character on the street. She calls out to him and walks toward him smiling, apparently relieved to … Continue reading
Genocide, Holocaust, Ethnic Cleansing. These are ugly words, with ugly thoughts behind them, which describe ugly acts. Here’s another: BSL. Some people reading this will be angry. They will ask “How can you compare the extermination of dogs with the … Continue reading