I am an artist, author, and animal advocate. In addition to Up On The Woof, I am the author of Born Without a Tail, and Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness, two true-life chronicles of the challenges and joy of animal rescue and living with an ever-changing house full of pets. I’ve written about advocacy in How to Change the World in 30 Seconds: a Web Warrior’s Guide to Animal Advocacy Online. which outlines practical steps for advocating for shelter animals in as little as 30 seconds per day, and Finding Fido, which is a guide for people who are looking for a lost pet.
My partner and I have been involved in companion animal rescue since 1986, sometimes sheltering as many as sixteen animals at a time in our home. Currently, we share our lives with five misfit dogs.
- Animal Advocacy: the End of Innocence
- Bullying in the Animal Rescue Movement: Spotting a Bully and Removing Her from Your Life
- CALL TO ACTION: Change the World
- Free & Discounted Dog Books
- Angry Valentines on Behalf of Chained Dogs
- How Can We Continue to Trust Commercial Dog Food?
- Books: Dogface & The Genius of Dogs
- Book Reviews: GG’s Journey; Dogs & Their People
- Just What the Hell is a Puppy Mill, Anyway?
- Working Around the High Cost of Vet Care
- If you would like to use "How to Change the World in 30 Seconds" as a fundraiser for your rescue or shelter, please send me a note. Yelodoggie@yahoo.com