I am an artist, author, and animal advocate. In addition to Up On The Woof, I am the author of Born Without a Tail, and Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness, two true-life chronicles of the challenges and joy of animal rescue and living with an ever-changing house full of pets. I’ve written about advocacy in How to Change the World in 30 Seconds: a Web Warrior’s Guide to Animal Advocacy Online. which outlines practical steps for advocating for shelter animals in as little as 30 seconds per day, and Finding Fido, which is a guide for people who are looking for a lost pet.
My partner and I have been involved in companion animal rescue since 1986, sometimes sheltering as many as sixteen animals at a time in our home. Currently, we share our lives with five misfit dogs.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- Year End Update – Up on the Woof
- In the Company of Wolfie
- Beautiful, Beautiful Boy
- How Much Crating is Too Much? After the New OAS Book, Some Thoughts on What Constitutes Over-Crating of Dogs
- Books: Underwater Puppies & A Dog’s Journey
- What Does it Mean to Love a Dog?
- Learning Lessons from Loss
- Animal Advocacy: the End of Innocence
- Bullying in the Animal Rescue Movement: Spotting a Bully and Removing Her from Your Life
- If you would like to use "How to Change the World in 30 Seconds" as a fundraiser for your rescue or shelter, please send me a note. Yelodoggie@yahoo.com
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.